We are the only licensed shelter exclusively for companion birds (mostly parrots) in Kansas. Our goal is to take in homeless, unwanted, or abused parrots; "rehabilitate" them, and find them good, permanent, loving homes. BNW also strives to educate the community on the needs of these wonderful birds. We promote good health, enriched lives, and loving homes for our feathered companions. Our members range from the novice, single or multi-pet owner, to the experienced owner of multiple species. If you have a bird question, there’s sure to be someone in the club who will be happy to help you. To check for meeting and event times and locations, please visit us on Facebook. We encourage you to explore our website to find out what we are all about.
- We do not breed or place animals with those who breed.
- We promote education on all aspects of avian welfare.
- We do not sell, trade, or use animals for profit.
- We promote responsible ownership of all captive animals.
- We educate the public about proper bird care.
- We support conservation of birds in the wild.
- We are against the sale of unweaned baby birds.
- We do not endorse the breeding of birds in captivity, but we will educate those who do to breed birds properly.
- We support and encourage responsible legislation protecting the health, rights, and safety of all captive animals.